Alumni Park, Where Badger Spirit Meets the Wisconsin Idea
Located between Memorial Union and the Red Gym, it offers sweeping views of Lake Mendota and the heart of campus. Woven through gardens and shade trees are more than fifty museum-quality exhibits honoring alumni achievements, and iconic sculptures with a nod to spirited Badger traditions, including a bronze sculpture of UW mascot Bucky Badger.
For More Information
Images available upon request.
Follow Alumni Park on social media as well:
The park tells alumni stories that illustrates the Wisconsin Idea—the university’s guiding principle that education should have a positive influence beyond the classroom. A gift to the university from its graduates, Alumni Park is a place to be inspired by alumni who’ve used their education to change the world.
The park is free, open daily, and welcomes alumni, students, campus and community. One Alumni Place, an alumni and visitor center, offers park and campus maps and guides.
Visit the one-of-a-kind Alumni Park to:
- Stroll down Alumni Way and see gardens with native plants and trees
- Gaze out at the lake from Progress Point or the rooftop deck
- Explore 50 artful exhibits made from stone, bronze, and steel
- Discover stories of more than 120 alumni, plus UW traditions and innovations
- Check out whimsical renditions of UW icons on the Badger Pride Wall
- Snap a selfie with the Well Red Bucky sculpture
- Visit the park after dark to see the Lantern and other exhibits illuminated at night
- Enjoy programs, events, and seasonal drop-in tours
Alumni Park Quick Links
- Visit: Hours and location
- Events: Upcoming events, guided park tours
- Explore Exhibits: Stories behind the exhibits and featured alumni
- About the Wisconsin Alumni Association