The Wisconsin Alumni Association’s Alumni Park is the newest University of Wisconsin-Madison campus landmark. More than 1,200 people attended the opening celebration on October 6, 2017, and nearly 15,000 visitors enjoyed the park’s exhibits and events since it opened.
For More Information
Images available upon request.
Follow Alumni Park on social media as well:
Upcoming winter events include Winter Carnival Family Fun at Alumni Park on Saturday, Feb. 10, in partnership with Hoofers Winter Carnival.
Located between Memorial Union and the Red Gym, Alumni Park offers sweeping views of Lake Mendota in one direction and the heart of campus in the other. Woven through gardens and shade trees are exhibits honoring alumni achievements and iconic sculptures with a nod to spirited Badger traditions. The park and exhibits illustrate the Wisconsin Idea—the University’s guiding principle that education should have a positive influence beyond the classroom. A gift to the university from its graduates, it’s a place to be inspired by alumni who’ve used their education to change the world, and to tap into that innovative spirit in one’s own life.
Top Five Things
Whether you are near or far, you can experience Alumni Park in person – or online. Our current Top Five Things not to miss on AlumniPark.com are:
- Cozy up to watch Alumni Park’s introductory — and inspirational — video. Watch now >
- Stoke your UW spirit by catching a glimpse of the Badger Pride Wall. Come out to the park to see it for yourself both day and night.
- Add to the toasty feelings Badgers have for Alumni Park by sharing your photos.
- Warm up to the impassioned words of alumni commencement speakers on the Lantern. And don’t let the cold stop you from experiencing this in person — and especially at night!
- Sip some hot cocoa while listening to a playlist unlike any you’ve heard before.
Visit Alumni Park
Alumni Park is free and open to the public 365 days a year. One Alumni Place, a park visitor center and “home base” for alumni, offers tours and information. One Alumni Place is currently closed for winter break. One Alumni Place winter/early spring hours begin January 24, and are Thurs.-Sat. noon-4 p.m. (closed Sun.-Wed.). When One Alumni Place is closed, alumni are always welcome to stop by the Wisconsin Alumni Association business entrance, 650 N. Lake St., weekdays 8 a.m.–5 p.m.