Panel: Origin Stories
- Cost: $15
- Offered by: WAA and Allen Centennial Garden’s HortiCULTURAL Landscapes Symposium
HortiCULTURAL Landscapes Pre-Symposium
What’s the story behind some of the country’s leading public garden experts? Attend Origin Stories and take an inside look at the evolution of these professionals.
The 2018 HortiCULTURAL Landscapes Symposium centers on the power of public gardens, and how they tell the stories of their communities’ natural and cultural commonwealth. The night before, enjoy this casual meet-and-mingle panel discussion in the new One Alumni Place. You’ll gain personal and professional insights from these distinguished experts in the field:
- Mary Carbine, Managing Director Alumni Park and One Alumni Place
- Jeff Downing, Executive Director of Mt. Cuba Center
- Shari Edleson, Director of Horticulture and Curator for the Arboretum at Penn State Gardens
- Peter Hatch, Emeritus Director of Gardens and Grounds at Monticello
- Ian Simpkins, Deputy Director for Horticulture and Urban Agriculture at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
Moderated by Ben Futa, Executive Director of Allen Centennial Garden.
One Alumni Place; 650 North Lake Street, Madison; enter via Alumni Park
Schedule of Events
- 4–4:30 p.m. Opening social with cash bar and refreshments
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. Panel and audience Q&A
- 5:30–6 p.m. Reception and optional tour of Alumni Park
- $15 per person
- $10 per WAA member and UW student
- Free for those with a ticket to the symposium
Deadline to purchase is April 11. Hurry, space is limited.
Questions? Contact McKenzie Zdrale at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-308-5174.
Visit the Symposium home page for more details.
Parking and Location Information (parking not included in registration).
Brought to you in partnership with Allen Centennial Garden’s HortiCULTURAL Landscapes Symposium.